You’re still urgently looking for a present? Something personally, homemade, not run of the mill, … but not too time consuming either?
Here’s some inspiration: I assembled culinary presents from nearly 3 years of nadel&gabel for you. Here you go:
We will start with the SWEET things:
1. Dulce de leche spread (with or without sea salt) from sweetened condensed milk – so easy to make that this is barely a recipe
2. Praline marzipan chocolates – not as time consuming as it may seam and made to impress
3. Magenbrot – easy to make with lots of christmas flavours
4. Also packed with christmas flavours: homemade spekulatius spread and pear bread with almonds and cranberries
5. Another easy to make spread: This rose & tea compound butter can be made from scratch (takes about 5 minutes more) or with storebought butter.
7. Amarettini – Little italian almond cookies that pair so well with a cup of cappucino and a perfect recipe for leftover egg whites
8. Want it more exotic? – What about matcha flavoured shortbread?
9. These fruit nut bars are yoummy and healthy. A classic in my kitchen!
10. Or perhaps you want to gift this decorative and yummy fruit leather (works with frozen fruit)?
11. For the (grownup) kids: homemade Brause (fizzy powder) – nicely packed!
Althoug Brause can be stirred into water to create a sodapop, this is not very common. But these homemade gifts are made for DRINKING:
13. For the tea lover – a homemade green tea blend with ginger and lime, packed into (also handmade) teabags if you want
Your presentee is more of a CHEESE LOVER? – here are some things you can make him/her happy:
15. Homemade goat cream cheese truffles with walnut & honey – Sounds difficult? It isn’t!
16. This quince mustard sauce is an absolute winner served with aged cheese…
18. This roasted damson sauce also pairs sooo well with cheese (f.ex. gorgonzola)!
Last, but not least, here are some other SAVOURY culinary presents – all of them not too time consuming, but super delish!
19. This artichoke lemon cream can be made with canned artichoke hearts as well.
20. Although those oven dried tomatoes take some time, they mostly do their work themselves – and the result is a concentration of flavour!
21. This mojo verde is only made for fans of coriander – but they will love you for this sauce/dip
22. Finally: Umami paste – very versatile and … yes, umami!